The void is the name given to the empty space below layer 0 Chart lining up Y-coordinate values (left) to block layers (right). Altitude is a measurement of vertical distance, or distance along the Y-axis. Contents 1 Definition 2 Limits 3 Natural resources and altitude 3.1 The Nether .
- The Void`s color used to be blue, but it is now black. If the Night Vision effect is used, it will show the void as white.
- In the Nether, there is a void at the top and bottom of the world (there is a sky limit.)
- On the Xbox 360 Edition, it is not possible to reach The Void in the overworld. However, with careful observation there is a chance to see through the Bedrock. This will also cause the player to see two random Bedrock Blocks floating in it. This is also the same on the PS3 Edition.
- Throwing an Ender Pearl into the void will fail to teleport the player as it won`t hit a solid block.
- There is an extremely rare chance for a dungeon to spawn at bedrock level which will remove the bedrock and potentially make a way to get into the Void. During Beta and Alpha, bedrock has been seen with stone so that was a way to access the void.
- The Official Combat Handbook for Minecraft states that The End is a spur of rock in The Void, and it also calls₠The Void₠a space-like dimension.
- In Superflat worlds, the Void is five blocks below the surface in the Overworld.
- In the Xbox 360 edition, it used to be possible to fall into the void by: first placing spruce trees in a 10x10 sphere, then placing a crafting table in the middle, then cutting the bottom block off of each of the trees, and finally placing torches under each. If this was done and the player dug 5 blocks under the crafting table without destroying it, the player would fall into the void.
- Void damage only starts below y=-64; as such, the void above that region is safe.
- Creative Mode players won`t die in the void on Pocket Edition. Rather, they will continue to fall forever. This is also true for the Windows 10 Edition.
- When viewed on a map Map Type Tools Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data values Drawn dec: 358 hex: 166 bin: 101100110 Empty dec: 395 hex: 18B bin: 110001011 Name PCPersonal Computer Drawn: filled_map Empty: map PE Drawn: ? Empty: emptymap This , the void is seen as the pattern used for an unexplored area.
- This is because there are no blocks recorded in the void`s area, just the same as if the player has not explored or recorded normal areas.
- When falling below Y=0, the second to last line of the debug screen disappears entirely, and is replaced by "Outside of world..."
- This also occurs when you reach above Y=256.
- You can survive in the void with Regeneration effect of level 6 or higher.
- In the Pocket Edition, the Void is the same color as the sky in the overworld.
- What is hiding in the Minecraft void.. ? (IT WILL SURPRISE YOU) (What is hiding in the Minecraf)
- Why you should NEVER mine under BEDROCK in Minecraft! (The Void Challenge) (This video shows why you shoul)
Falling into the void past Y=-64 causes the player`s health to be depleted by about 4 () every half second, leading to the player`s death in 21⃢₁₄2 seconds. Armor does not protect you from dying in the void, and death always occurs at Y=-199.10. Be that as it may, if status effects "Healing" redirects here. For health, see health. Contents 1 Behavior 2 Summary of effects 3 List of effects 3.1 Absorption 3.2 Bad Luck 3.3 Blindness 3.4 Fire Resistance 3.5 Glowing 3.6 Haste 3.7 Health Boost are used the death level alters only slightly. After this, if the player does not press any buttons, they will usually fall until somewhere below Y=-256, with this number varying on each death. If commands are used to make the player invincible or give them infinite health, they will fall until Minecraft crashes. When you fall into the void on a server with anti-flying measures, you are kicked out regardless of having a flying mod. Riding a vehicle into the void will result in the player being stuck in the vehicle until they die.
Other entities A player standing in front of a large group of entities The hitboxes of several entities. Note the blue line which points to the direction the entity is "facing." Entities encompass all dynamic, moving objects may also fall through the void and receive the same damage as the player, with the exception of the wither Wither Health points 300 ( × 150) 600 ( × 300) Pocket edition only] Armor points 4 () Attack strength Easy: 5 () Normal: 8 () Hard: 12 () Size Height: 3.5 Blocks Width: 0.9 Blocks Spawn which appears to take tremendous damage. All entities will disappear at Y=-64. Any entity above layer Y=319 or below layer Y=-64 will be black. In the Overworld and in the Nether, a layer of bedrock Bedrock Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 18,000,000 Tool None Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops None Data value dec: 07 hex: 7 bin: 111 Name bedrock Bedrock is a block, indestructible by survival means. Contents prevents the player to go to the void. In The End See the dimension. For the achievement, see Achievements#The End.. For the advancement, see Advancements#The End. A view of the central End island. The ender dragon can be seen flying around obsidian pillars, , be that as it may, the void is easily accessible due to the large gaps between the islands.
In Pocket Edition Pocket Edition Author(s) Mojang AB Jens Bergensten Aron Nieminen Daniel Kaplan Tommaso Checchi Shoghi Cervantes Jason Major Daniel Wustenhoff Tomas Alaeus Mikael "Slicedlime" Hedberg @@@#@@@Microsoft(microsoft.com)###@### Studios 1] Platform(s) Written in C++ 2] Latest version 1.1.2 , the player`s health is depleted by 4 () every half second at any negative height. At Y=-32 an invisible barrier is erected, preventing the player from falling further. In Creative Mode, one will not die, giving free access to flying under the void, but if the player falls in Creative, they will eventually land on an invisible surface at about 256 blocks below Y=0.
There is daylight according to the current time in the void of Pocket Edition.
Entering the bottom void is not possible in the Console Editions Console Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) Written in C++ Latest version Xbox 360 - TU53 Xbox One - CU43 PS3 - 1.51 PS4 - 1.50 PSVita - 1.51 Wii U - Patch 23 . Although the player is unable to break the bottom or top layer of bedrock, even in creative, you can enter it by breaking end stone in the end until you get to the void. Then you will die and respawn. If the player does somehow manage to do so in the overworld, attempting to fall into the void will result in the player standing on it. This also happens at the y-coordinate of 511, where an invisible barrier is erected to stop the player going any higher. The invisible barrier for the bottom is not present in the End. If the player is affected with resistance 5+, regeneration 8+ or instant health you can fall infinitely into the void without dying.
Additionally, black void fog exists. It increases with depth as the player descends past Y=17. As the player travels deeper, the fog at the edge of the render distance will grow closer, until the player reaches the deepest depths, where visibility is reduced to just a few blocks, beyond which lay only blackness. There are also dark gray void particles that appeared at level 16 and below, plus in the void. Void fog can be disabled in the options menu to increase performance.
Issues relating to ⃢₀ₜThe Void⃢₀ are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
The void can be seen through gaps in the lowest layer of Bedrock on maps generated prior to the Halloween Update. The Void above a world is infinite in height, and can be accessed in creative mode by flying upwards. The void beneath the world can only be accessed in survival mode by going to The End. Destroying the bottom layer of Bedrock will give a player access to the void in creative mode, but it will kill players,regardless of the game mode, after approximately 4 1/2 seconds of falling. Death in this manner results in a message in the chat stating "Player fell out of the world".
The Void is potentially endless. However, falling into the Void will cause the player`s health to be depleted by about 4 hearts per second leading to the player`s death in seconds. Even in Creative Mode, the Player still dies without an active regeneration effect. It is possible to endlessly fall, if one is given the regeneration effect indefinitely, by using the /effect command. The two ways to get out of the void are to quickly fly out of it on creative mode, or by using the teleport command. Note that resistance does not resist void damage.
Entities (Mobs and Items, excluding the player) entering The Void₠were formerly deleted in the following tick (as soon as possible). This might have been be due to The Void₠not being part of a Chunk, although it was most likely a deliberate optimization/crash prevention method implemented by Notch. This has been changed as of snapshot 11w49a, so that Mobs will fall through The Void₠until they reach Y=-64, at which point they will receive the same damage as a player (4 hearts per second). Items will fall until they reach Y=-64, where they disappear.
Blocks cannot be built on the underside of the Bedrock layer, and although Water and Lava appear to flow into it, they will not actually spread and form beneath the lowest layer. This prevents players from descending into The Void safely via swimming.
Reaching the void
Originally, when Lava generated on layer 2, the bedrock, on layer 1 below it, was replaced by smooth Stone, making it possible to enter the void without hacking. The void can now only be entered if one uses a map editor, or while in Creative (Game Mode), by making a hole in the bedrock layer: at the bottom of the Overworld, at the top or bottom of the The Nether, or by jumping off into The End. However, in the Nether (in Creative), a player can fall out of the void on top of the Nether, by falling when they stop Flying.